Great Local Rides
As recommended by users of Bestbikingroads.com
- A39 Bridgwater to Lynton http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/south-west-england-/a39–bridgwater–_8a10.html
- Bishops Lydeard to Exford http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/south-west-england-/b3224–bishops-lydeard-_23119.html
Local Bike Shops
‘Just in case you have left a vital accessory at home, or heaven forbid, something falls off while you are here!
- AFB Motorcycles, 2 East Quay Park, Bridgwater 01278 444303 http://www.afbmotorcycles.co.uk/page/about-us/2/
- Anderson & Wall Scooters and Motorcycles, Church Street Bridgwater 01278 423089 http://www.anderson-wall.co.uk/
- Pat Watts Motorcycles, 40 St Mary Street, Bridgwater 01278 447165 http://www.patwattsmotorcycles.co.uk/
- Riders of Bridgwater, Wylds Road, Bridgwater 01278 457652http://www.ridersmotorcycles.com/
Local Biker Friendly Cafes
- Riders of Bridgwater – Wylds Road, Bridgwater just off the A38 Bristol Road. A popular meeting point amongst the biking fraternity especially at weekends in the summer. They have their own café inside the showrooms.
- Cricketer Farm Shop & Café Nether Stowey – next to Cricketer Cheese on junction A39 & St Mary Street, Nether Stowey. Own large car park.
- Quantock Tea Rooms – Within the Post Office in Nether Stowey, junction of Lime Street and Castle Street. Limited parking but public car park 200 yards away.http://www.quantocktearoom.co.uk/
- The Chantry Tea Rooms – Located within a medieval chapel and garden close to the sea on Sea Lane just off A39. Own car park.
- Chives Café & Deli – Located at the junction of Swain Street and the Esplanade. Limited street parking but several public car parks in the town.http://chives-deli.co.uk/Chives_Cafe_Deli/Welcome.html
- Driftwood Café – ‘Everyone friendly’ café facing the sea on Blue Anchor Bay Road (B3191). Worth a diversion off the A39 – Good parking along the sea front except in high season.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT79CsvYYMs
These are just a few of our favourite local cafes, there are others along the A39 and the odd burger van if you are desperate for a cuppa!
Petrol Filling Stations
Plenty to be found in Bridgwater, Minehead and Taunton, but once you get out of town they can be few and far between.
- Greenway Garage (Pace), Quantock Road Bridgwater. On A39, junction of Quantock Road and Skimmerton Lane west of Bridgwater.
- Gulliford’s, St Mary Street, Nether Stowey, in the village of Nether Stowey just off A39.
- St Audries Service Station (Murco), West Quantoxhead, TA4 4DN. Located on A39 Just west of The Windmill pub.
- Williton Filling Station (Shell) 8 Fore Street Williton, TA4 4PX. Located on A39 close to junction with A358
- Roadwater Garage (Independant) Roadwater TA23 0RG. In the village of Roadwater near Washford.http://www.roadwatergarage.co.uk/fuel-petrol-diesel
- Mount Street Garage (Murco) Mount Street, Bishop’s Lydeard, TA4 3LH. Located in the village of Bishop’s Lydeard just off the A358.