Breakfast at The Old Cider Houseciderhouse-admin
Breakfast at The Old Cider House:
- Cereal and fruit
- Local yogurts and diary produce
- Sausages and bacon from our local butcher (and occasionally homemade)
- Imaginative vegetarian alternatives (our blue cheese and cauliflower muffins are to die for!!!)
- Fresh eggs from our own hens
- Home baked bread and our own preserves
Breakfast is served at 8.30am on weekdays and 9.00am at weekends and bank holidays. Early breakfasts are available on request. A full English, vegetarian or toast/cereal breakfast is included in the room price.
We make a very special porridge at The Old Cider House – furmity.
This is a centuries old dish of rolled oats, raisins, light brown sugar, cream and rum – perfect for a cold winter’s day.
Furmity is most famous for its role in Thomas Hardy’s Mayor of Casterbridge. The ill-fated mayor ate furmity laced with rum before selling his wife at a local fair. However, Hardy’s story is based on a true story from here in the Quantocks!
Remind us to make it on your next visit!
2016 Breakfast Week
We shall be participating in this year’s Farmhouse Breakfast Week on the mornings of 30th and 31st January.
All guests staying on the preceding nights will be treated to a gourmet breakfast including:
- A steaming bowl of furmity
- Home cured and home made sausages
- Fresh eggs from the ‘girls’
- Home baked breads
Join us for the weekend – call 01278 732228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org